Sequence Bio is a Newfoundland and Labrador biotechnology company striving to improve how we treat diseases and develop medicines.
Let’s take a stroll down memory lane...
- Dr. Kathy Hudson is named Chair of our Scientific Advisory Board.
- Bill S201 is passed in Canada, ensuring protection from genetic discrimination. Sequence Bio worked with former Senator Jim Cowan to support this important piece of legislation.
- Sequence Bio reaches 20 employees (plus one loveable pup)!
- The Sequence team moves into a new and expanded office space in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador (on the oldest street in North America in fact!).
- Dr. Gerry Mugford joins Sequence Bio as Director of Research. Dr. Mugford is Director of Clinical Epidemiology and an Associate Professor of Medicine and Psychiatry at Memorial University.
- AWS is launched in Canada and Sequence Bio is a featured client!
- Chris Gardner, CEO & President, and Karen Moores, VP Public Affairs, head to Ottawa to advocate on behalf of Bill S-201 with Honourable Senator Jim Cowan to prevent genetic discrimination.
- Stanford’s Dr. Euan Ashley joins our Scientific Advisory Board and James Hardiman from DCVC joins our Board of Directors - both bringing unmatched expertise to the team.
- $3 million USD seed financing led by DCVC is raised by Sequence Bio, the first Silicon Valley financing of this kind in Atlantic Canada.
- Sequence Bio attends the New England Governors - Atlantic Canadian Premiers Summit in Boston, MA.
- DNA Genotek and Sequence Bio enter into a supply agreement for custom DNA collection kits to use in the future.
- Mark Dobbin and Dr. Andrew Furey join our Board of Directors to offer their guidance to help achieve our goal of enabling better healthcare across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Master licensing agreement with Memorial University is signed to help advance drug discovery research.
- Sequence Bio and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador sign a MOU to launch a large-scale precision medicine initiative in the future.
- Dr. Pek Lum of Capella Bioscience joins the Sequence Bio Scientific Advisory Board.
- $1,000,000 Seed Round of Financing closes, led by Killick Capital, Pelorus Venture and Klister Capital Corp.
- Sequence Bio completes the Canadian Trade Accelerator program at the Cambridge Innovation Centre in Boston, MA.